Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Update!

It's been a busy month, and I'm currently hard at work on the second draft of my YA horror sequel THE ZOMBIE PLAYGROUND! Here's some news about all my projects, and what to expect from me in the coming months...



The HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME trilogy continues to get great reviews all over the web. I put up Book 2 for free a few weeks back and I had nearly 8,000 downloads! In the year since I published the first book, over 500 people have added it to their TBR list! I had some terrific 4-star reviews on Goodreads, as well as this 5-star review from Adam Smith:


This book kept me engaged all the way through till the end. The characters were varied and interesting; each with their own problems and quirks. Especially Liesel. Can't wait to read book 2.





Happy Birthday to Me Again also received some great reviews, including this one from STAR:


Happy Birthday to Me Again is definitely a great installment in the series with the characters becoming even richer and fuller. There are still lots of laughs mixed into the serious subject matter - a nice balance of drama and humor was achieved by Mr. Rowe. Now I'm even more excited to read the last book in this series!!






Plus, here's her review of Happy Birthday to You!


I think Happy Birthday to You is a solid ending to this trilogy. It explains some of the lingering questions left from the first two books and the ending will bring you to tears. Cam is really growing up (and not just chronologically) over the course of the books and we find the most maturity from him in this final novel. Liesel to me has always seemed a bit "off" to me, but everything pulls together at the end. A quick read (I read this at lunchtime) with action and drama, Happy Birthday to You is a great addition to Mr. Rowe's resume and a great finale to this trilogy.






Of course the big release in April was for my BRAND NEW YA novel THE VAMPIRE UNDERGROUND, the first installment in a seven-book YA horror series, a kind of cross between Fear Street and The X-Files. 


So far it's received three 5-star reviews! Here are some quotes it's received...



This is a story I would definitely recommend. I was so caught up in it from page one. I cannot wait for #2!

The Vampire Underground was funny, interesting, and freaky. Brian Rowe is a great storyteller and I can easily see this becoming a movie. It was such a fantastic read, Brian Rowe has a new fan!

And this week I started revising the follow-up to The Vampire Underground, the aptly named THE ZOMBIE PLAYGROUND! This novel picks up right where the first one leaves off, and it takes the characters into an unexpected battle with ugly, ravenous zombies. No cover yet, but soon! Look for The Zombie Playground to be released on Amazon this July!

That's all for now. I have a top secret YA project brewing that I'm going to start working on in May, but I'll have more details about that later this summer. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment